Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 15: Extra


What do you like about blogging?

I like blogging because it is mine. I created the blog myself, so, I can express my feelings, my opinion, my thought, my reflection on the class and whatever that came across my mind. People can see what I have written and they can give comments. I can interact with my “followers” and the one that I “follow”. I can chat with them or give comments on their entry. Blog also have features such as videos, pictures, links, update and many more. It would be foolish enough if I do not like blogging.

What you do not like about blogging?

It is undeniable that blogging also has its drawback. For, blogging can cause me to lose my temper when I have problems posting my entries. It would takes like forever just to post one entry. I do not like this kind of things as it is wasting my time. As an addition, I do not like the complexity of editing the layout or whatsoever to make my blog more attractive to others. I have so many works to do, I do not have the time to explore the “tools” in this so called blog.

What have you gained from blogging e.g. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc. How?

I have improved my language skills through blogging. This is happening because I need to write up my entry every week after the class was over. I have to write about the class and indirectly making me practicing my language skills.

What do you like about this course?

I like this course because it introduces me to new softwares in the internet. These softwares can be very useful to me in the future. I also like the things that learnt from the modules. Now I know how to edit pictures, sound, videos, etc and using software that I have never heard before.

What you do not like about this course?

I like almost everything about this course. However, the workload can be very heavy for me. There are so many works to do, but there is so little time. It would be better if there are more time given to complete the tasks and maybe the tasks can also be decreased. It would be better because we will have time to really master the software rather than just using it for the task.

What have you learnt from this course?

I have learnt many useful knowledge that I need as a future teacher. Nowadays, technology cannot be separated from our daily life, so learning about it can be very helpful to me. It also taught me to use the softwares for tasks such as audio editing, video editing, picture editing and many more. It would be very useful in my everyday life.

What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?

There are so many things that I did not expect to learn from this course. As an example, converting, editing, and producing my own teaching materials.

What have you expected but do not learn from this course?

There are none that I do not learn, conversely, I think I had learnt more than I expected.


MY FEEDBACK ABOUT THE MODULES

MODULE 1: INTERNET AND COMPUTING SKILLS

a. What do you like about this module?

I like the skills that I learnt from this module. I learnt how to download and upload files from/to the internet. I also like the part where I was taught to convert audio, video and convert files using suitable softwares.

b. What do you not like about this module?

The software used can be troublesome to me. Sometimes, the softwares are very large and much time is needed to download them. Some software even can be as big as 300 Megabytes. Downloading and installing too many softwares in my computer cause it to be slow and this lead to another problems.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

One thing I like about the task given in this module is the downloading part. I like to download videos, so I was very eager to do this task.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?
I did not like when I have to download software that have large size. It will cause my computer to slow down.
e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt the skills of converting audio, video, files, etc using suitable software.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

The skills will help me to convert certain files that I can use as teaching aids in ELT classrooms. I know which software to be used in order to produce suitable teaching aids for my class. For example, if I want to convert pdf file to word, I will know how to do it and create teaching aids without having to type all the content.


MODULE 2: PHOTO EDITING

a. What do you like about this module?

Specifically, I like this module because it taught me how to edit pictures. I can use this knowledge to edit pictures that I need to use in the classroom later.

b. What do you not like about this module?

There’s nothing that I did not like about this module. It’s just that there are some missing steps that give me headache while doing the tutorials.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

The tasks given give me the opportunity to apply what I have learnt in the module. Learning would be useless if I cannot apply the knowledge, and the tasks has given the opportunity to practice the knowledge.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I like all the task given as it gives me opportunity to practice what I have learnt in the module.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

The specific skill that I have learned in this module is editing skills. I now know how to edit pictures so that I can use them in my future classrooms.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

The skills learnt can help me to choose the pictures that can be use in teaching and learning process. I can edit any picture that I want so that it can fit in to the classroom context. I would not run out of teaching materials as I can always edit pictures and make them teaching materials.


MODULE 3: AUDIO EDITING SKILLS

a. What do you like about this module?

I like this module because it taught me how to edit any audio file using the correct software.

b. What do you not like about this module?

I like all about this module as it gives me more knowledge about editing sound files.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I like the task given because it gives me opportunity to practice what I have learned in the module. As an example, I can practice to cut a song and only take the parts that I like.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I like all the tasks given as they help me to apply what I have learned in the module.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

The specific skill that I have learned was the skill of editing audio file. Now, I can create ringtones for my handphone from any songs that I like.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can edit any audio file so that it will fit in any classroom context. I would not have to worry about teaching materials as I can always edit audio file to become my teaching materials.


MODULE 4: VIDEO EDITING SKILLS

a. What do you like about this module?

What I like about this module was that it taught me on how to edit videos and to create my own.

b. What do you not like about this module?

I like everything about this module as it increases my knowledge about video editing.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I like the task because it gives me the opportunity to practice my video editing skills that I have learned in the module.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I like all the tasks given as they give me opportunity to practice my video editing skills.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I have learned the skill of video editing.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can produce my own teaching aids by editing any videos that I see suitable to be use in classrooms.


MODULE 5: SOFTWARE FOR ELT

a. What do you like about this module?

I really like this module because it taught me the potential of Microsoft Publisher. There are many things that can be done using Microsoft Publisher, I now know its potential that can be use in the classroom.

b. What do you not like about this module?

I like everything about this module as it gives me knowledge on how to use Microsoft Publisher in creating teaching aids.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I like the task given as it gives me the opportunity to practice what I have learned in the module.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

I like the task given as it gives me the opportunity to practice what I have learned in the module.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

It improves my skills and knowledge about Microsoft Publisher and how I can manipulate it to create teaching aids.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can produce many teaching aids using Microsoft publisher. I would not have to worry about my students to feel bored as I can always create something new using Microsoft Publisher.


If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?

The workload given. There are so many works given to us, I really hope that it can be decreased because we also have to do other course assignments. The tasks from this course have taken 70% of our time and the other 30% needs to be divided between 6 others course. So, decreasing the workload would be a good step in improving the course.

The Scale

BEFORE: 6

AFTER: 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home